Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Toy Tuesday and all that it's cracked up to be.

The pawrents decided that today was donate to under-spoiled dogs and cats. They donated my New Toy Tuesday to them. I was totally cool with that, because let's face it, I get a lot of swag.

Today we took it to a place that does private rescues if you will. No hype and no bull. The look on their face when Mommy and Daddy took the toys and stuff was amazing.

Every once in a while it's not just about me. So with that, let me say this. I want to start Gunner's Hero's or something. I want others to give back to other animals. We are so lucky to have kisses and hugs,  food/shelter, fresh water, toys, blankets and beds. 

We are just brainstorming, the real work will be when my Mom puts it to paper and starts to think out loud with it. Rescue groups are wonderful entities, but sometimes they get lost in the paperwork of it all. In my specific breed, Bulldogs are high maintenance. Our bills are quite HUGE at times. Also, we are not a breed that does well being boarded. Often people think its cute to watch the dogs run and play for a long time. Our little bodies are not made for that. We should go out and do our business, some light to light-moderate exercise and back in.

At Gunner's Hero's we would love to develop a network of "hero's" that might have some time to groom, babysit, rescue, help fund-raise for a cause, or just be a New Toy Tuesday buddy to some group that doesn't have enough dog food for the week, or cleaning supplies.

We are in our infant stages, and unlike what we have been involved with in the past, we want to do something different. Something totally about the animals and not about the organization.

Stay tuned, Mommy's motivated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment