Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bulldogs and heat exposure.

Most everyone who buys or adopts a bulldog knows they are very heat sensitive. Their push faces do not allow for much air flow. Which leads to their body heat and keeping them cool. My Mom loves me with all her heart and wants me with her at all times, but there is a time and a place for me.

Taking a bulldog out to play and watching him/her run up and down, panting and whatnot is not really good for their health. We as dogs don't know when to stop. We also do not know when it's too hot to play.

Going to the store; while we plan (pre-accident) trips in the car, we are extremely careful to make sure we are not ever leaving me in the car, or are we riding without the air conditioner. During the summer months in hot as heck Florida it's scolding hot. When you wake up and it's 80 degrees, it's definitely a stop, squat and get back in the house kind of day.

Walking on the pavement, go ahead take off your shoes and you do it. Oh what is it hot? Our pads contrary to what some think are NOT conditioned for hot asphalt or concrete.

Keeping my house at a reasonable temperature could be up for discussion, however, my Mommy knows that I cannot be in over 79 degree weather and sun. So I am at a cool 75-76 all times.

We have lost so many friends to heat stroke, it breaks all our hearts. I want my Furry friends around for a very long time, we have children to raise, and grandpuppy's to brag about.

Please take a second look at where you take me, this heat is a killer... 


No comments:

Post a Comment