Thursday, August 8, 2013

Car ride 101

After a lot of skiddishness if that is a word, Mommy Daddy loaded up her car (SUV) with my crate and baby bumper things. She genuflected about 7 dozen times and said some prayers to some Patron Saint of safe travels.

So we start off in the driveway, she looks both ways 4 million times, eases out a rapid speed of 2 mph. Keeping in mind Mommy is normally a speed demon, she was a racer. So the grandma mobile heads out to the first street and she looks like one of those dolls that's head spins...

Keeping in mind her neck is still stiff and sore, she is like a nut checking all directions.  As she makes her way out on a main street, she is swearing to beat the band. I am pretty sure I can fund any toy I want with just this ride in the cuss jar. After about what feels like 4 hours in the car, we get to the dog place and she goes to get out and someone parks next to us really close. OMD (which is Oh My Dog) she is going to go all Jersey on them I fear, but she calmly gets back in the car and moves.

We go in, shopping is uneventful and I don't find a harness. I don't even like any toys they have, and after that joy ride, I really could use a toy. So we head out to get in the car, Daddy lifts me up in the car we click in, all systems go for our ride home.

As she goes to pull out a car crosses in front of her against the light, here we go again... But no accident, only a lot of yelling and horn blowing. I get ready to be ON DUTY if needed and we slowly pull down the street and get back to our normal route.

I can spot the house I am so excited, I get to get out of the car and I get to watch Mommy put 75.00 in the swear/cuss jar. Oh yeah, she was naughty...

Not sure how Saturday is going to go, but if she keeps driving, I assure you she will need a SUPER HIGH PAYING JOB....just to fill the swear jar...


No comments:

Post a Comment