Friday, August 23, 2013

Dog's and their best friends (the furry kind)

It doesn't seem odd if you are still friends with your college roommate, but for a dog to have a few besties, it's sort of not normal right? W R O N G.  Please understand, I do know the dangers of online friendships. We went into this as a fun thing, and frankly that's the best policy. 

I have a few besties that I truly call my real besties... Why dogs have best friends? For one, we can relate to each other. If we pewp on the floor, we don't have to be ashamed. We all did it. Can you forgive your human friend for that? I don't think so. Not likely they get a premium seat at dinner.


Another thing is we are like minded, and we sometimes need support. Often our pawrents (parents, humans) do not understand why we do certain things, and it's great to have someone to bounce oddities off of.

We also need to know how to work the treat/extra food/extra kisses/sleep in the big bed issues. So we gather and chat about it. Sometimes we meet up in person and play together.

Our bestie is there for us when we are sad, have an illness, need a prayer, need to reassure our pawrents/family that we will be ok. Finally for another rounded reason, we love each other, really we do...

We celebrate the births of babies/puppies/marriages, and sometimes the divorces. My Mommy was so deeply touched by the out-pouring of love for us when we had a little snafu this past summer that we know our best furry friends are the real deal.

Life is very short and for one small second if we can lift each other up, celebrate a birthday, pass a smile on to someone else, it's what we live for.

I have a few besties, they are my Bulldog Posse'
My favorite hangout is Twitter. That is where you will find my best-friends. To start with, when I first came on the scene, my first and favorite furry bulldog was Falco. When he crossed over Rainbow bridge, I felt like a part of my family passed away. I cried for days. Falco was who I aspired to be. His little brother came along shortly, @HenryFordBD and he is quite the character.

So, this is why we do what we do, if we can give 1 minute of happiness back for all that we have received, we are more than happy to do it. It's not strange, it's the Twitter Family way.

Our friends on twitter are not just bulldogs, we have a turtle, a parrott, and several other breeds of dogs and cats that are just as special to us. We love the Vine videos, the pictures, the stories, all of it.

When the world is grey and somber, there is a wrinkle or two online that will perk up your day. Catch a video of a bulldog playing, or Rocco opening a package, maybe even HenryFord sitting with his baby sister teaching her the ropes of misbehaving. We share a common thread but I would like to think this is what is GOOD with the world.

So from us to you, thanks for being a bestie of the very best kind! I couldn't name everyone because of length; but know you are special to us. We look forward to your posts each and everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment