Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Jealousy and bulldogs do not mix well

Today Mom went to some special store to get a new door knob for my room. Mine seems to have stopped working and she was worried about it. I was ok with that, but what I wasn't ok with was ... she "ran" into a bulldog puppy. Oh I knew when she came home, I could smell another dog. I am pretty sure I knew it was a bulldog prior to her gushing about how cute he was and how we could be friends some day. OH lady NOT THIS DAY.

You see, I am a jealous bulldog. I want my Mommy to myself. I want my Daddy to myself, no matter how many I might accumulate, they are MINE MINE MINE.

I heard her say my behavior is off, well NOT so. I didn't go snuggle up to a lady as if she was my Mommy snuggling and kissing. Oh no, you did not see me do that. I have loyalty lady.

Here is her version, and for the record I strongly disagree.

At the store, there was a puppy that comes to work with this lady. His name is Stogie and so cute. Bouncy, happy, sweet and lovable.  He is 5 1/2 months old and is a real sweetheart. He came over while I admired him and said how nice he was. I invited him to a play date with the rest of the bulldogs and Gunner. He gave high fives and was sweet. But he had work to do and soon left. He did brush up against my pant legs and sniffed me.

When I arrived home, Mr. Gunner was having NONE of that. First he sniffed his dad and then gave him the cold shoulder. I was busy with some things in the kitchen and he came to my legs and sniffed. Did I mention he sniffed, oh did he. Then he came to my chair at the bar and stood up on me, barked a few times, sniffed and then puffed his lips and flopped on floor with attitude. Shortly after that, the burst of energy hit and he bounced repeatedly off the couch.

Something tells me Gunner will not like a sibling...

No comments:

Post a Comment