Friday, November 15, 2013

Living in fear of the unknown.

This morning we were awakened by more helicopters that are much closer in proximity to our house than yesterday. I must admit our sleep was not sound last night. Every little sound we were up and worried. As hard as it was to sleep, we tried.

Emotionally we are drained and scared. It feels like the officials are wonderful to talk to the walk up traffic and tell them all how they are working very hard, but no one has approached the homeowners to say what we should be concerned about, what to do next or anything. We are living in a prison of fear. Do you leave the house for a minute to run errands, for fear you won't get back in the house. How much of your stuff do you pack up?

Strange cars dot your lawn and block your driveway, it's very confining. News outlets blast past and just look at you standing there wondering. Then comes the advertisers. That's right the Sinkhole Companies that canvassed the area leaving multiple pamphlets and attempting to scare you. Oh my gosh you could be next, REALLY??? Is that how you build business and trust?

We have law enforcement not allowing vehicle traffic unless you live on the street with proper id, but onlookers can take the valuable time from the engineers and staff on the ground to ask all kinds of questions that do not impact them. We the neighbors are not getting the answers. I am a bit further away so I am told don't worry too much.

Please someone send me the accurate worry meter, and please let me know if there is a monitor I can purchase that will detect the sinkhole so I stop freaking out and running out the front door to save my life and family.

I am pretty familiar with seismic instruments, I wonder if they can detect just a sinkhole. By the way, can I legally own a seismic transmitter?If I can, who will read the data? MacDill?  Bet I would be the coolest kid on the block with that huh?

We are not sure what to do; life is very unsettling and very nerve wracking. We ask our friends to understand our jumpy tempers, our emotional outbursts and know that we love you all, but right now, we cannot solve others problems, as much as this pains us, we are a little distracted. But we promise to be back caring for others really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment