Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 3 feels like the calm before the storm

Today the helicopters didn't arrive in sync, actually they stayed home. Thank you Rain God's. However, the huge dump trucks started at the butt crack of Saturday morning. The onlookers haven't compiled yet, thank you again Rain!

Last night I was trying to do work, because we all know I haven't been able to concentrate on much. Suddenly I hear sounds. Oh boy here we go. It was thankfully rain, however, I realized I cannot live like this. I have canceled Thanksgiving plans, Christmas, remodeling (new kitchen was being installed next week),  I live with a few boxes packed by the front door in fear this is it, and have been searching for a new place to call maybe home... But who can live like this. Is it really worth it?

One thing that has come out of this, you really know who care about you. I mean to the core. Friendships are things we normally cherish, however, during this scary time, not so much on the other end of that friendship/family trail. For years I have said I should cut off the negative and move on. But my soft hearted ways always forgives.

Today as I said my morning prayers, I realized "as we forgive those who trespass against us"... I'm not that good! I will end up in confession and possibly hell, but this is something I would never in my life want to relive. To be able to count my social media people as friends sounds absurd to some, but do you know that is who reached out to us, and one lone cousin. Actually she is the wife of my cousin. Pretty telling huh? 

I have lived through hurricanes, storms, disasters, crimes, and deaths. But this is one for the books. It's a constant ache that won't go away.

Here's to hoping today is a better day than yesterday, and not as great as tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment