Saturday, September 14, 2013

Taking your Pet on Vacation

Mommy went on a cruise last week and although she missed me like crazy, she came back saying some strange things. For one, she loves me with all her heart (except bath day), however, she would never want to take me on a cruise. I cannot for the life of me wonder why. I love to be with Mommy all the time.

On her cruise there was a dog. It was suppose to be a service dog. She didn't take a picture because she said that is what they wanted. It was a pudgy mix pug and maybe a Jack Russell. It was about 11 years old, wore sunglasses and clothes. (now we can't say anything bad about that), but it was small and it was sort of strange. Well the owner was. He paraded it everywhere. Announced it was on it's 10th cruise. I am guessing it was an emotional support animal. It fell asleep a lot. Many people were really put off by the dog even being there. The final straw was at dinner. They made him take him out after the owner placed the dog on the table.

We are in total support of service animals. Strongly believe in their rights to be everywhere. With that said, we are shocked at the type of animal, the type of atmosphere and how it was handled.

Taking our pets on vacation has been an iffy subject. We do go to a special resort that is geared to dogs. Thanks to our pal Deuce, we now check for room service on every excursion we plan.

Today we were booking a trip to the mountains, and they are Dog friendly, but you can't leave the dog in the room. Not even for dinner. I guess we're not going to the mountains.

Would you take your Pet on vacation, or is it easier leaving them home? I love being with my Mommy but I like staying home too...

No comments:

Post a Comment