Sunday, July 28, 2013

Should we get a new puppy?

We have wanted another puppy for a while. Gunner needs to have a buddy. He only has us to play with other than the meetups. He gets a long good with other dogs at the meetups and has 2 step sisters from another mister that are Australian Shepherds. However, they are not that playful with him. When he was a baby he would jump up on them, they weren't impressed but they are older. He didn't understand why they didn't want to play with him.  They are a friend of ours dogs and didn't live with us, so it was different.

It feels like Gunner should have a pal. However, I sincerely struggle with this. If I hold another dog, or touch another dog he gets mad. If I come home smelling of another dog, he gives me the once over and then ignores me for a little while.

The search for another puppy has been exhausting. I found one I really want, but with the accident I cannot make the trip right now. My traveling has been put on hold until later August time. I have seen some of the cutest puppies and some of the not as cute. I want another boy, I am not good with female dogs, but it seems that it would behoove me to own my own female for breeding. We all know how that will end up, I will be the crazy bulldog lady with a litter of puppies that won't sell them or place them. I will name them, get attached to them and have to move to a farm because in my little city we can only have four (4) animals I believe. Not ready for the country life yet, I have city life to live a little longer.

What to do... either way, Gunner's getting a play pal, I just wish I could do it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment