Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not the best morning

Got up really early to take Gunner to get a shampoo and nail clipping. We had a coupon from PetsMart with our puppy pack and I thought what the heck. I will just remind them no water in the ears, please do not tie him by his neck and love and kiss him.

When we got there, it was a total freak out. Gunner who proudly walks through every door he encounters would not go through the door, he literally wrapped around me and tied me up in the leash freaked out a bit. Once inside, I asked to speak to the person who was going to wash him and reluctantly a girl behind the counter said "well I guess it's going to be me"...I quickly explained no water in his ears please, and please do not tie him at the neck. She said yeah ok.  As I handed him over, I felt uneasy. It was the weirdest feeling and I slowly walked out. As we were walking to the car (Daddy 1 and I) I saw another worker coming in and asked if a manager was on, she asked what was going on, and maybe she could help.

I explained that I was nervous and that the shampoo person seemed nonchalant, she said she understood and she would look at my puppy. She said she would feel the same exact way.  I told her I was concerned about him being tied around the neck and she said that is their policy they have to neck tie them. I said that is not what I was told. Inside there was a full staff looking at me like I was crazy, and one particular woman was giving me a very dirty look. I decided my puppy was worth more than me kicking her ass all over the place. 

They brought him back to me, and as he came back to my arms there were tears from him and I both. Once in the car  he sat on my lap lovingly kissing my face and very cuddly as if to say it's ok Mommy I still love you. He snuggled up to my chest and just hugged me so tenderly. My puppy forgave me. His hugs are usually more rough.

My gut instinct is often on point and this time, I think I made the right decision. So very hard being a Mommy...

No comments:

Post a Comment