Saturday, February 22, 2014

Knowing your dog's short falls - Gunner's Mom posting

Today was a meetup in Tampa and we did not attend. Not because it was going to rain, not because it was not in our backyard, not because we didn't know anyone going, and certainly not because we didn't like who was going. We didn't go because to my dismay, Gunner went there a week or so ago for a photo shoot. Let's just say it was a failure and leave it at that. Oh you want details huh? Well, to digress a bit, when I bought Gunner I was told don't worry bulldogs don't like water. They can't swim and don't want to be near the water. That was a huge FAT lie because when I took him to his first Dog meetup at Davis Island Beach Park, he dove right in and sunk.

To move up to speed that was almost 2 years ago, so I figured some old dogs can be taught tricks... Not this one. Not only did he try to be Mark Spitz and do a little diving, he proceeded to take the photographer into the water as well. I had a life jacket for Gunner but not the photographer nor his camera. The shoot was horrible, Gunner was terrible, the photographer is scarred for life and he may not ever take another picture again.

So to the 8 people that wanted to know "whats the story" why didn't we go, plain and simple Gunner is a butthead that likes to scare the bat crap out of his Mom and not give it a second thought. Besides he had a Daddy and Me day and kept his land loving feet on the ground. I am quite sure he missed his friends at the meetup, and I am sure Alfred was the star of the show. Next week we are on solid ground and if the ones that are mad we didn't come decide not to come to the next one, so be it... I don't live my life by the Twitter revolt or gossipers...I do this for Gunner, not anyone else...


No comments:

Post a Comment