Monday, February 17, 2014

A little Bulldog reminder...

Bulldogs are a bit unique in that we have some high maintenance health situations. One of our situations is chewing things that we shouldn't chew. Another is getting over-weight. We are not Lunks or whatever Planet Fitness calls body builders, we do not exercise regularly and often the bag of chips on the couch is a sweet ending to any day.

When I came to live with my Mommy she had some specific rules. I am not a rule liker you know, I prefer to live my life fast and free, having the woman keep me down is not my idea of living fast and free. Once I arrived she laid down the law.

Toys with squeakers were only allowed in my family room (Charlie Sheen room) toy basket and only when she was watching me. If I chewed a toy open and stuffing or holes were exposed it went in the garbage, no questions asked.

In my private room I could have Nylabone's except for the digestible types. Plus I could have certain toys I couldn't or wouldn't chew.  

Ropes were only allowed if they were not digested, meaning really I couldn't have them.

Zero rawhide!! Treats were monitored, I could only have BilJac treats. Nothing else. Only the one kind. She did venture off to different flavors.
  • No plastic bags to play with
  • No cheap raw hide from China
  • If you use water bottles remember to take the ring off the cap area
  • If you use a tire like substance as soon as its chewed and bits are off, throw it away
  • Squeakers unattended
  • When washing your dogs toys or bones, careful with detergent it gives belly aches
  •  All human food is not ok
  • Just because your Cocker never did it doesn't mean the bulldog won't. 
  • If it's loose throw it out

Often you forget the toys on the market have a danger. One instance is the squeaker. When the bulldog chews it and digests it, your pawrents go to the bank and withdraw about $3,000 dollars in bone money and take it to the vet. It has taken many of dogs lives, so we have the no no rule.

The rope is another one that scares the wits out of my Mommy. We just lost a friend on vine to the rope.

Last night our friend who just returned from the Emergency Clinic said there were 2 bulldogs and one Frenchy there with these above-issues. They were there for their hamster (don't judge me I have all kinds of friends)

Just wanted to give our two cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment