Friday, May 8, 2020

Dear Gunner

Dear Gunner,

Today has been a rough one. Many of your friends and pawrents have sent some of the most gorgeous memorial presents, flowers, and cards. I do not feel worthy of them. I sit and cry. You are all over this house, I cannot go in one room and not see you there.  I needed a place to put all the beautiful gifts, so I picked your spot at the front door, your favorite place, where I can go and pray and see you.

Each card I open, I look for you to read it to you, that was our thing.  You would smell the card and then cock your head to the side as if to say, proceed.  I miss you more today than yesterday. No one told me this was going to be so hard, I have lost many people in my life, nothing compares to you leaving me.  I am so sorry for not protecting you better.

The Bulldog and Breakfast is not the same without you. I wake up thinking I hearing you snore, I jump up tonight hoping this has all been a bad dream. It's been a bad reality. I blast our favorite play list, I dance with one of your stuffies. I can still feel you nuzzle my ear.

It's going to be a long road for me, I want to hold you again, I want you to look at me with those huge brown eyes and make this all go away. So much pressure for a bulldog, it was a job you handled with ease. I miss you GunnerButter.


No comments:

Post a Comment