Friday, July 24, 2015

Funny how age changes you and your excitement by Mom

Gunner has allowed me to share a short story here... Today while I was suppose to be flying and doing some work things, the weather at 0500 didn't cooperate. The trip wasn't scrubbed until a little while later. What to do with my open day that was frantically blocked for 24 hours or so...

Back in the day I would have headed to the Mall, short ride to Tampa and bam, shopping for the day. However, my age must be catching up with me, because having new things isn't as thrilling as it once was. Don't get me wrong, I still shop, but the thrill has left...

Today I ran a very fast errand and returned home to stay with these two lovable lug bulldogs. We curled up on the couch, turned the air down a bit lower and just kept each other company. I limited my phone calls so I could spend time with G and Mags. I wanted to really just be in the moment.

My report is this, WOW... no traffic to fight, no color decisions, no asking does this make my big butt look normal... Nope, we had a blessed day together. We played and we sat together.

The sweet sounds of their snoring and the soft pats from their paws when I try and move. We have finally separated and G is on the floor, Mags in on the couch and I am lost in space trying to have this day repeated. I loved it, and I love these two lug nuts. They are the reason I get up every day...

So if old age is setting in, I cannot wait. More days with G and Mags is just what I want!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment