Thursday, July 2, 2015

Friendship means a lot. Guest writer Mommy.

Today we are reflective for many reasons, but one in particular is because we are coming up on the 4th of July, our Country's birthday. Where we celebrate our Freedom. However, on July 2nd, I remember a long standing tradition my Great-grandmother had.

We have a few friends we would call best friends. Those that give a smile when needed, a hug when unexpected and a kind word on cue.

My privilege to call Sam (Artistic Bulldog) a friend is just that. When I would do a silly raffle, or a fundraiser, she was there. Often fighting me about paying her. She gave graciously to my silly ventures. Sam also stood by me and helped me when I thought it was going to be bleak with donations.

While we share a love of Korean food and bulldogs, we share something else. The crazy notion to just be ourselves. I admire her family unit and her tremendous talent.

I choose today to remind others about friendship because today would have been my Great-grandmothers birthday. She would have been 118 years old today. She would often say, remember to tell the friends you love, thank you. On her birthday she would get flooded with gifts and cards. The interesting thing was, she would send out a card to her friends that would arrive on her birthday that said my gift for my birthday is you, having your friendship makes me rich with love.

So in honor of my Great-grandmother I want to tell you Sam thanks for making me rich with friendship, and being able to tell you my crazy clothing snafus.

No comments:

Post a Comment