Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vacationing without your bulldog...

On a rare occasion, my pawrents (parents) went on a cruise together. Thus leaving me with the man-sitter. What that entailed was quite the adventure. Generally I do not leave my house when my servants come to take care of me. I have a pretty sweet set-up and I like to enjoy it. However, this time was d i f f e r e n t...

This meant packing up all my favorite things (with the exception of my Mommy, she's my #1 fave), taking a crate for me to have there for my den, and bowls, leashes, harnesses, all kinds of boney bones and treats. What I couldn't take was my chair. Not.Happy.

We load up the car with their suitcases in the rear, my travel crate in the backseat, and all my stuff. Off we go. Now I was thinking I was going on this trip because we are a family as you know, and we did just go to the beach for a day in a half until I couldn't stand it any-longer and man-sitter came and retrieved me. To my dismay I arrived at my drop off point.

The Aussies were there to greet me. I came in and looked around. Off to the backyard I went. I had to hide out there for a few minutes while my servants brought in my gear. After it was all set up, I returned to find the GATES. I am not fond of the gates, but I am too rough for the 8 year old Aussie sisters.

All of a sudden the dreaded "Give Mommy a kiss, she has to go" voice came out and I was sad. I started to bark as if to say, hey wait you forgot me... But she and Dad left the building.

So I made the best of it and took over the office at my man-sitters house. Here I am holding court with my bone. This is my favorite bone, I feel very powerful with this bone. Since I was a little blue missing my pawrents, my man-sitter decided to give me a little fun for the few days I was there. He is a practical joker and loves to have fun, so he dressed me in a biker vest (he found it, he is not a biker) and took me to Sam's club for a little visit. He put me in a cart and took me around (very early hours). He told our buddy at the front door I was a service dog, Im a mechanic BOL... We jetted around the store and he showed me off. I got lots of kisses and then we left. After that, we went to the bank and I got treats and monies... Mommy left me a check for incidentals so I had to paw it and get my pawallowence. After that we went to Dairy Queen for a little pawsundae. Did you know they make sundaes for dogs? Very impressive.... it was whipped cream. 

We took other trips but the man-sitter and I decided we would keep that our little secret. I will say I met a bitchin babe of a bulldog at one of our trips. She was just visiting but ohhhh laaaaa laaaa I gave her my number, lets hope she calls... On Friday night, we had pizza bones and I was really polite, I didn't snap them up or anything. I was a very good boy (that's my story and I am sticking to it) early Saturday morning the telephone rang and my man-sitter gave me the look.  THEY. ARE.BACK. 
He put me in my gated community and off he went to get them. He and I paw-swore we wouldn't tell all the fun we had. 

Just about 40 minutes or 3 naps I hear the door open and my Mommy's voice is heard... I am barking and yapping so loud, I missed her so much. I jumped over the gate (who says bulldogs can't jump) and knocked her down. She was crying and I was too. We had a happy little reunion and then I went to the door and sat, I was ready to leave to go back to my man-cave and have my pawrents there to wait on me hand and paw. I loved my time at the man-sitters but home is where I love to be. 

1 comment:

  1. Gunner's Mom here... I missed him so much that it was almost painful. Pretty sure he missed me too.

    ReplyDelete