Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A gentle toy reminder...

Last week I posted a Vine on a chew toy that had outlived it's time. It was a rubber orange pretzel like toy.  The reason I posted it was because a friend of my Mom's had a Schnauzer that chewed and chewed and swallowed off pieces that got stuck and she died.

My Mom randomly goes through my toys to see if any pieces are missing, or if I am chewing something that is coming off. My latest removal from the favorite bin was my Deer Antler. I was leaving shards of antler around and when Mommy picked it up it was very sharp, and made her a bit concerned.

I also have two bins, one with bones (nylabone types) and things I don't chew in one, and the other is for supervision. I have squeaky toys and sucky's in there.  This helps Mom keep track of what I am playing with.

How many dogs, not just bulldogs have swallowed something that was missed, and have had to have surgery? When Mommy brought me home from the birth Mom, they told her no squeaky's unless you watch him. The Squeaker surgery is about 4000.00 and risky.

Since I love my pawallowence very much, and would like to save for a nice DoggyMoon with my woman, I am just trying to keep myself out of surgery if possible.

A couple of things we just learned from our friend the Vet. No string type ropes, anything toy your dog can chew, take away the broken off pieces. Keep the ring off the water bottle you give your dog, those are very dangerous.

And lastly, one major concern this year area bags, keep them away too.

In my friend Schultzy's case, it was a sad way to go for a 2 year old. Please keep our toys in check.


No comments:

Post a Comment