Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rain rain rain... please stop the madness

Yesterday we had a huge rain storm. The Tornado alarms were going off on the ibone, and the local school has the lightening detector at full tilt. We were scared with the winds and rain. The tv fickered a few times.

Mommy and I decided to take a short nap, she's been kind of sick lately. So her on the love seat in the Charlie Sheen room and me on my chair in my room sound asleep, when all of a sudden... I started barking like there was an intruder. I'm sure Mommy grabbed Pete and came to me. There I stood on my chair with water circling me. She swooped me up and off to the Charlie Sheen room I went.

The water came through the door with the elevation being jostled from next door and we were flooding. My brand new carpet was soaked and ruined. The wood floor beneath it was a mess and my new couch (big people size) and new chair were soaked. Thankfully none of my pictures were hung yet, because they would have been ruined too.

Mommy called Daddy to come back to the house so we could get the water out, and then the cleanup began. It took several hours it seemed and finally it was all dried. I do not like the water sucking machine so I went to Dad's room and watched tv for a while.

Tomorrow the contractor is coming over, we are heart sick at the losses we suffered but are sincerely thankful we were ok. The winds were bad and scared us, but staying safe was more important.

Thanks to our friends who have reached out.

xoox

Gunner MacGyver Capt Underpants

No comments:

Post a Comment