Monday, January 6, 2014

A few things you should avoid while owning a bulldog.

Having a pool especially in the South is pretty common. Most homes have them or are having them put in after buying. I have had several pools in my lifetime and never really gave it much thought with my dogs. Most breeds swim and I didn't think too much of it.

However, when Mom bought me, (Gunner) our breeder asked "do you have a pool" I said no, but my Mom's sister said yes. The breeder was not going to sell my litter mate to my Mom's sister, unless she had a pool protector. If you have a pool, please make sure you never leave your dog unattended at the pool. Think of this, would you leave a 1 year old at the pool alone?

We lost a friend last night who drowned. We sort of looked a like, we sort of acted alike. RIP Jarhead.

Another thing to avoid is rough housing. Bulldogs do not have an on-off switch. They do not know when to stop. If you start it, be prepared to have a tussle stopping it.  Keep in mind the origination of Bulldogs and what they were bred for. They have very strong jaws, and the tug capacity to take down a bull.

Pieces of advice I think other Bulldog families might want to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment