Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Irresponsible Pet owners

I love animals, all animals with the exception of Squirrels, but I would never ever hurt them. The neighbor was a renter and by saying that you would think I dislike renters, which I don't.  This house has been a problem house, but I really liked these neighbors. The Mom ran a tight ship. They had animals, and they appeared to be well cared for. A few more animals than most have, but hey she was a nice lady. One day she comes and tells me her dog had a puppy and they didn't even know it was pregnant. (Her Yorkie I think) the dog looks like a Rotti which she has one... She went to PetsMart and bought a DNA test... Seemed concerned about animals.

So rewind to about a month ago when I was walking my dear Gunner and she mentions they are moving at the end of the month (July). I was sad, she is a nice neighbor, one of the best that have been there, and after last summer with the neighbors from hell, I was happy... But now, oh no, not a good thing.

At the end of last month, I was anxiously watching to see them move and wondered what will happen with this house. Well they didn't actually move at that time, they started the process that has lingered.  However, as of a week ago they left their cats here with food at the door. We have had storms and torrential rains, and I have been crazy nuts over them leaving the cats here. We are in a pickle, do I call the county, they are cool cats, (we can't take them Gunner is not found of them) what to do?

With the economy the way it is and families downsizing, I know this is bound to happen more than not, but seriously, make an effort, talk to people, find homes, don't assume everyone else will care for your left behind animals.

I can't sit by and watch them go hungry or scared, so if you hear of a lady in a shoe with 200000000 cats it's me, and the funny thing is I am allergic to them and my dog no likey...

No comments:

Post a Comment