Saturday, September 12, 2015

Raising parents is a tough job

I have two parents. One Mom and One Dad. I had a second Dad but he was kind of part-time. My parents use to be married to each other. So I am from a broken family. Oh don't pity me, I reap the benefits of sad eyes and constant reminders of how I am from a broken home.

However, I recently realized I am raising them. Each night I have to tell them to go to bed. I cannot just let them stay up to all hours of the night, they have work in the morning and we all need our sleep. I also have to remind them to clean up the house. I have to trick them a bit by moving all the covers and furniture around, but it usually gets them in the groove of mopping, vacuuming and straightening up my toys.

Just tonight I had to tell them it was time for them to have their evening snack, I barked at the fridge until they fed me pretzels. I was really doing it for their own good.

Raising parents is hard work. I just don't know how the older people did it.

Gunner

No comments:

Post a Comment