Friday, September 11, 2015

How do you know you're old? By the Mommy

Guest writer: The Mommy...

I use to hear stories as a kid, when I was your age, we would do or say this. I use to think those old people... Today while reflecting on 9/11 and snuggling with the dogs, I began to think about life in general. I pulled out Alan Jackson's song and video of Remember When and then it hit me... I am freaking old. I am that old person.

So I thought about the things said today and what they meant in MY day...

Dope = meant they were stupid.

Sick = duh sick as in ill

Fly = bug

Coke = soda

Whip = a whip you used on a horse or a naughty date

Down with that = Something was down, as in you put it down

A solid = solid foods?

Props = extra items in a movie

Chill = it was cold

So here it is, I am freaking old. Ready for the horse farm or something. While I take my dope sick fly self in my whip, I give props to my ride or die for a solid, I am down wit that anytime...

Translated.... get a hobby, ebonics is not for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment