Thursday, September 10, 2015

Folks it's a sad world today...

Tomorrow is an anniversary that we shouldn't forget, but hate to remember... Our world was rocked, our safety and security were shattered. I can remember exactly where I was when it happened. I was working at a Law Firm and someone said OMG look. When the second tower was hit, I first thought it was a replay, but realized I was watching it live. My heart pounded and my mind raced for what could only happen.

I had a very special man in my life in the military, and he was en-route to the Pentagon or so I thought. No way to confirm, no way to contact him. Thankfully his trip was canceled during the middle of the night and he was spared. But so many weren't.

The guilt I felt for his safety was over-whelming. I was numb. I couldn't even imagine. I went home and put my pjs on. I curled up on the couch and cried. I walked around like I was in a daze. Our President was in town when this happened and all the craziness of his leaving and the area we live in was a mess.

Flights were on lock-down. Military bases were under strict security and I couldn't talk to my guy. He was "in meetings"...

Tomorrow is a day I wish to forget, but cannot do so because of the loved ones that lost their family members. I will ask that you hug a little tighter, and you pay it forward just once.

We will be off line all day in remembrance, and hope that our world get's their head on straight and something changes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment