Monday, April 28, 2014

Why do bulldogs stick together for play time?

We get this question a lot and the simple answer is because we trust our own breed more than others.

When I was a pup at about 4 months old, I was at a dog meetup, I was a little small and a beagle kept coming up to me and barking at me, this was odd to me, and then growled. If it weren't for my Mom's favorite nephew at the time, I would have been mince meat. He scooped me up before I got eaten alive. I was so scared I never wanted to go back again.

One thing other breeds do not understand is, we have to be close to smell. Hello our noses are pushed in so far, and we are short to the ground and some (not pointing any paws here) are a bit robust and can't move very quick. So we get up to another dog and sniff and don't really move away fast.

This is not ok with some breeds. For instance the miniture mouthy Neapolitan types. They can tell we are bigger and more handsome and they freak out. God was not kind to those "bless your heart cute dogs"... Then the big ones, you know the type, they have no balls but they have all the mouth in the South and want to pick on the little guy.

Our lips (flu-gulls)  are attractive and easy to grip on to. Our necks are easy marks because some are more rolly polly than others.

Several of my friends have been bitten recently, and all I can say is I am sorry other dogs are jerks, but beyond that, the OWNERS SUCK!! 

If you have an aggressive dog it is your responsibility to control it and not take it to vulnerable places, ie. dog parks unattended. Get a clue !

No comments:

Post a Comment