Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Traveling with your pet?

We love Gunner very much and only want to make sure he is completely taken care of. Often that means we are not COMFORTABLE with leaving him with anyone but his Manny. His Manny is a special person and loves Gunner as much as I do. Gunner looks to him as a Daddy. However, his Manny also has a life and travels too, often with me.

Finding someone to care for him is just the hardest thing I have ever encountered. I am so picky and I have my rules.

So we are venturing out on traveling with him. I have found the hotels, planned stops for bathroom and exercise breaks, we have portable beds, crates and whatknots, but ... what about if we go on a cruise. OMD (oh my dog) we are so totally messed up. Gunner would not have a good time on a cruise, nor would I want to subject him to that, but I do not think I would have a good time knowing he was home. Then there's that whole NO DOGS ALLOWED ON A CRUISE SHIP thing...

Yikes, is this what parents go through? Oh heck no, they don't care...LOL.... I have 54 cruises under my belt and I can tell you this, I cannot for the life of me think I will stop cruising.

One of my friends said I would rather die 100 deaths than watch Gunner and have something happen to him, I am quite sure you would kill me with your bare hands or have one of your henchmen do it. I think they are right... Yikes it's road trips for us... For now...


No comments:

Post a Comment