Friday, July 20, 2012

What didn't work for Gunner's fast eating...

I have read all along that Bulldogs that eat fast will have problems, so I have been concerned that Gunner would eat to fast. Yesterday afternoon Gunner went out to potty, came in and played hard on da Mommy's bed. He immediately went to eat wherein I noticed he was eating really really fast. So I decided to try the ball in the food dish in lieu of the actual bowl that I do not own as of yet...

NOT the best idea for Gunner. I nearly scarred him for life. He wouldn't even walk past the bowl with half his remaining supper in it. I sat on the floor and hand fed him the balance and coaxed him into eating. It was quite an ordeal. I knew I had to rectify it immediately, so after he finally would go near the bowl I gave him a little more food. He was fine...

This morning, I prepared his breakfast (scooped it out) and put it in the bowl, his short term memory was erased, whew... he was back to normal... What an experience... On our next visit to the vet, I will ask what his suggestions are and if the slow eat bowl will work. Never using the ball trick again...


No comments:

Post a Comment